Manchester Futsal Club

The Home of Futsal

Manchester Futsal 4-3 Newcastle Futsal - MATCH REPORT

by Nathan Linley

Manchester Futsal got back to winning ways as the Blues secure a 4-3 victory against Newcastle Futsal in what was a closely contested affair.

A brace from Kimet and goals from Sam Richardson and Giles Collier got the Blues over the line as their opponents ran them to the very end.

Scott Gunn, Jonny Langley and Bas Olabi made life difficult for Manchester with goals for Newcastle but it wasn’t enough to take the points back to the North-East.

Manchester started brightly in the first half as Jordan Edge and Raducio King respectively had their own efforts which tested the Geordie shot stopper Andrei Rhodes early on.

The visitors had their own threat in the form of Josh Clark, who found himself through on goal on two occasions but couldn’t hit the target.

Blues debutant Jose Almeida was looking sharp as he nutmegged his man on the right-hand side and his shot was firmly saved from Rhodes.

Despite the run of play, Newcastle opened the scoring after eight minutes. Jonny Langley found space on the left-hand side and converted expertly passed the on-rushing Kai Bone to give his side the lead.

Manchester responded immediately as Giles Collier picked out Kimet running into the area and knocked home for the equaliser.

Skipper Sam Richardson led by example and gave his side the lead after charging through the middle to finish past Rhodes from a wonderful Jordan Edge pass.

The second half turned frantic with end-to-end action from the first whistle, Newcastle had their fair share of chances through Alex Santiago and Scott Gunn but couldn’t convert.

Danny Stapleton also had opportunities from distance which were saved from Rhodes, as well as King with a few moments of brilliance but with no reward.

However, their persistence paid off as Kimet flew down the right-hand side to find Giles Collier in the middle for an easy finish.

There was more drama as Newcastle responded immediately. Bas Olabi found himself in space just five metres out to half the deficit for the visitors straight away.

The end-to-end action continued as Kimet hit the cross bar from a tight angle, Newcastle’s Will Aso tested Kai Bone with one ball over the top to deny the visitors once more, and Aso again beat Kimet on the left-hand side but could only find the side netting.

But then a rare mistake from Giles Collier saw Newcastle back into the game. His pass out from the back fell straight to Scott Gunn, who dribbled round him and finished well to draw his side level.

A timeout was called, and it appeared to decide the game as Danny Stapleton’s effort was saved to Jo Davidson’s right, but Kimet followed up in quick fashion to score the all important fourth goal with just four minutes left on the clock.

Newcastle had the chance to share the points with the hosts, but Josh Clark could not convert from close range as he fired way over, which saw Manchester take all three points and move up the Super League table.